Today, I want to talk about my OTP, the Doctor and the Master from Doctor Who. People say I’m crazy for shipping them, but I have solid evidence that the Master is in love with the Doctor.
1. This mother duck has spent all his lives and then some stalking the Doctor throughout the cosmos. That proves some sort of obsession.
2. The Third Doctor clearly states that he and the Master went to school together, so they must have some history. Not necessarily romantic, but in any event, they obviously knew each other beforehand.
3. The Master just can’t ever bring himself to kill the Doctor.
4. All the unnecessary physical contact.
5. The things he says to the Doctor: “I’m going to take your body”…”You are my life”…”I like it when you say my name”…”Won’t you show mercy to your own-“…
6. The rather phallic shape of the Master’s TCE.
7. All the sword fighting.
8. The valeriana the “Portreeve” (really the Master in disguise) gave the Doctor to “help him sleep” in Castrovalva. (Right…sleep…)
9. Cages, handcuffs, ropes…
10. All the instances where the Master has actually saved the Doctor’s life: The Five Doctors, Trial Of A Time Lord, The End Of Time…
11. Three and Delgado!Master’s flirtatious banter.
12. Ainley!Master always standing just a little too close.
13. Ten and Simm!Master doing the OTP-forehead-touching thing in The End Of Time.
And those are thirteen reasons why I think the Master loves the Doctor. Hate me if you want to.